Some of the industry’s highest-achieving business and technical minds drive the WaterStreet technical and services operations. They tend to stay with us, because joining WaterStreet means joining a valued team in a corporate culture rich with opportunities for growth.
At WaterStreet, we believe in finding superior people to work with, and keeping them with us by offering more-than-competitive benefits and chances for development — all centered in a spectacularly scenic stretch of the American heartland.
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Health savings accounts
- Vacation and personal time
- Continuing education and varied career-path options
WaterStreet team members have strong incentives for continuous professional improvement. First, it’s the only way to keep up with the insurance industry’s rapid evolution. And, second, there are immediate rewards, like cash bonuses for completion of training, as well as the potential for pay increases at annual reviews.
- Training begins with a program we call the University of WaterStreet. It’s based on a six-to-eight-week, in-depth study of the American Institute of Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (AICPCU) Manual.
- Next come six weeks of instruction in “The WaterStreet Way” of customer service etiquette.
- Our customer service representatives complete the Insurance Institute of America’s program in general insurance, to earn the Associate in Insurance Services (AINS) designation. Back-to-back, the four AINS courses would take about one year to complete.
- Uniquely in the industry, our IT staffers undergo not only the insurance programs described above, but also specialized training that leads to Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification.
Only after candidates complete these programs do we consider them ready to provide the outstanding level of service for which WaterStreet is so well known.
In 2014, more than 95 percent of our customer service staffers were in the process of earning the AICPCU Certificate in General Insurance, or had already achieved the designation. Many of them have gone on to enroll in the AICPCU Associate in Claims Services Program. Several of our team members also hold property and casualty insurance licenses
WaterStreet is certified as one of only four official AICPCU testing centers in the U.S.A., so access to continuing education and examinations is never a barrier.