Due to continued growth, we are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Software Quality Assurance Team. The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for the planning, design, and execution of system and functional testing on simple to complex implementations. The Quality Assurance Analyst works collaboratively within the IT department to ensure that all solutions delivered adhere to the highest standard of quality for our clients. This role encompasses UI, database and web service testing based upon system requirements. The QA Analyst contributes to the automation efforts by creating and/or maintaining the data sets used for various test harnesses, executing the automated tests, and analyzing the results to determine appropriate actions needed to address any failures. The QA Analyst identifies and documents defects and reports on defect metrics and trends to support the goal of continuous improvement in the software development process.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum software development fundamentals.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing test cases, plans and procedures to support various development methodologies including automated testing.
- Strong proficiency in test case creation and documentation.
- Experience with executing automated testing and analyzing results to determine appropriate action for failures.
- Experience with creating data sets for automated testing harnesses.
- Familiarity with entire software development life cycle and test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional & Smoke).
- Understanding of existing QA best practices and methodologies for test planning, execution and reporting.
- Experience coordinating with external QA resources.
- Prior success using a metrics-driven approach to improve software deliverables and improve predictability and reliability of releases.
- Detailed and effective written communication skills for documenting the features tested and defects found.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, extremely responsive and able to prioritize a large number of tasks.
- Self-motivated, works well independently and with others.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL Server and the understanding of effective testing through use of queries.
- 3+ years experience in a Quality Assurance Analyst or Tester role.
- Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Previous automation experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- ISTQB Foundation certification or similar preferred.
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine the most effective test approach
- Reviews user requirements documents to ensure that requirements are testable
- Designs and creates reusable test documentation for maximum test coverage and efficiency
- Creates and maintains data sets for automated testing harnesses.
- Executes and analyzes results of all available automation solutions.
- Documents and reports system defects to the developers and project team
- Provides regular reports on the quality of the project to the delivery team using fact based metrics on the test execution and defect status
- Creates, maintains and delivers the test closure report at the close of the testing cycle
- Follows the software development lifecycle process
- Follows an agile approach to software testing within the team and works effectively with other disciplines to extend agile principles across the entire software lifecycle.
- Seeks opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities
- Deploys often, improves iteratively
- Other duties and projects as assigned