Due to continued growth, we are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Software Development Team. Tasks include: designing, developing, analyzing, testing, and maintaining high-quality web based applications using C# and SQL Server. This role encompasses UI, database and web service development to effectively produce and deliver leading edge services in a hosted environment. It also involves collaborating with the team and stakeholders to create high-quality and maintainable software. The developer is expected to be a superior communicator with a strong work ethic and a commitment to teamwork and also thrives on keeping skills up to date with the latest technologies.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Knowledge and experience with C# and SQL Server.
- Knowledge and experience with developing web services (SOAP/REST).
- Experience in using Entity Framework and Linq expressions
- Knowledge and experience implementing SOLID Principles, Design Patterns and OOP
- Experience developing unit test scripts using NUnit/MSTest,
- Strong understanding about coding standards and coding best practices
- Knowledge and experience of continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Knowledge of agile software development fundamentals.
- Ability to provide solutions to a variety of basic technical problems independently.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong technical, analytical, and development skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in the development of web applications and technologies.
- Experience with a SaaS delivery model.
- Knowledge and experience on AngularJS, HTML5 and CCS3.
- Microsoft .NET Core Development.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years software development experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements
- Designs and develops high-quality code to meet business requirements
- Tests, debugs, analyzes and fixes web application problems/issues. Works closely with stakeholders to fix issues in a timely fashion.
- Follows the software development lifecycle process
- Follows an agile approach to software development within the team and works effectively with other teams to extend agile principles across the entire software lifecycle.
- Participates in code reviews in accordance with strict coding standards, practices and conventions
- Maintains a high level of software quality throughout the development lifecycle and in the production environment.
- Interacts with internal stakeholders to support software deployments
- Researches and remains informed of new technology and development tools
- Seeks opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities
- Deploys often, improves iteratively
- Other duties and projects as assigned