As WaterStreet’s next Front-end Software Developer, you will have a direct impact on a highly visible company project. You will be an integral part of an innovative and passionate team where your ideas will flourish, and you will influence the $550 billion property and casualty insurance industry – come help us change the way the world of property and casualty insurance does business!
- Passionate and proven in-depth experience in SOLID and Clean code principles.
- A technology evangelist. You thrive on keeping skills up to date with the latest technologies.
- A passion for Quality. You want to be part of the team to produce highest quality.
- You have experience with developing and completing mission critical projects.
- You are exceptional with juggling assigned work, code reviews and questions from other developers.
- You would call yourself a team player who is able to take feedback in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to other developers.
- You enjoy proactively taking ownership of highly critical, highly visible, and challenging problems.
- You are comfortable and capable with teaching other developers in a non-confrontational manner.
- You have exceptional skills in communication and organization.
- You have a strong work ethic and a commitment to teamwork.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Knowledge of agile software development fundamentals.
- Ability to provide solutions to a variety of complex technical problems independently.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong technical, analytical, and development skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, and open-source frameworks like Bootstrap.
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS or SASS.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling and RESTful JSON data.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of when to use and when to not use responsive design as well as mobile design principles.
- Excellent understanding of browser web development tools for development inspection, performance and debugging.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT and Azure DevOps.
- Proficient understanding of client-based testing frameworks, such as Jasmine, Karam and
- Ability to create and maintain unit tests using test driven development.
- Proficient understanding of source code editors, such as VSCode.
- Good understanding of Platform as a Service and cloud computing services, such as Azure.
- 5+ years experience in front-end development
- Test-driven development experience
- Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Designs and develops high-quality code to meet business requirements.
- Tests, debugs, analyzes and fixes web application problems/issues. Works closely with stakeholders to fix issues in a timely fashion.
- Follows the software development lifecycle process.
- Follows an agile approach to software development within the team and works effectively with other teams to extend agile principles across the entire software lifecycle.
- Participates in code reviews in accordance with strict coding standards, practices and conventions.
- Maintains a high level of software quality throughout the development lifecycle and in the production environment.
- Interacts with internal stakeholders to support software deployments.
- Researches and remains informed of new technology and development tools.
- Seeks opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Deploys often, improves iteratively.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.